Inpatient Medicine for NPs & PAs – Online CME
Key takeaways to expect:
Taught by Leading Experts
Learn the Latest Updates in Hospital Medicine from Admission to Discharge
Earn CME Credit
Interactive, Case-Based Format with Evidence-Based Lectures
Learn at Your Own Pace
Learn on Your Own Time, at Your Own Pace through This Online Course
Enhance your skills in clinical management of hospitalized patients from admission to discharge
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Advanced practice nurses
- Registered nurses and allied health from novice to experienced
Hospital care models are transforming, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants play vital roles in the care delivery of hospitalized patients. Inpatient Medicine for NPs & PAs: From Admission to Discharge fills your CME needs. This conference emphasizes clinical management of hospitalized patients in an interactive, case-based format with evidence-based lectures by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge.
The learning objectives in this CME course include
- Describe a rational approach to assessment and management of the high acuity hospitalized patient.
- Describe how to provide high-level care to all patients based on the most recent practice guidelines, medical evidence and standards of care.
- Describe the early signs and symptoms consistent with sepsis syndrome, leading to more rapid initiation of goal direction therapy and antibiotic administration.
- Review the most recent treatment guidelines from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign and identify patients requiring higher levels of care.
- Describe appropriate diagnosis of patients with acute exacerbations of heart failure and initiate appropriate treatment for hospitalized patients.
- Identify ways to improve mortality rates and decrease recurrent exacerbations for patients with chronic heart failure.
Release and Expiration Dates
|Release Date: December 14, 2017|
|Credit Expiration Date: December 13, 2020|
Course Directors Include
Michael J. Breunig, P.A.-C.
Amanda J. Chaney, A.R.N.P., D.N.P.
Andrew J. Herber, P.A.-C
James S. Newman, M.D., M.S.
Riddhi M. Parikh, M.B.B.S.
All medical professionals
- CME Hours: 15 hours
- Additional Note: Access course materials through 12/13/2020